WRITING THEATRE with Gary Henderson
Thursday evenings, 7 – 9pm, from 11 February | 1 YEAR
Fee: $,1320 (for the year)
Fees must be paid before the start of the class
Book by phone or email:
(09) 838 4455 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- is a year-long course;
- assumes no previous theatre writing experience;
- is taught at tertiary level.
YOU HAVE STORIES TO TELL THAT CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!
You will learn the art and craft of writing for live performance, using the spoken word, action, light, sound, and design, and you'll create stories that will engage and move an audience.
The programme consists of four 8-week terms during which you will:
- attend a two-hour class each week on a Thursday night;
- write three theatre scripts of increasing length and complexity;
- undertake a weekend workshop of each script;
- read and comment on a series of published play scripts as exemplars;
- interact online with your colleagues and tutor between classes and terms
About Gary Henderson
Gary Henderson is a New Zealand playwright whose work has been produced throughout the country and worldwide. He has twice won "NZ Play of the Year" at the Chapman Tripp Theatre Awards, for "Home Land" in 2007 and "Peninsula" in 2012. In 2013 he received the Playmarket Award for his significant artistic contribution to NZ theatre. He has taught theatre writing at the University of Otago and Unitec, Auckland. His new play "Shepherd" premieres at Court Theatre, Christchurch, in February.
About the Programme
The programme can accommodate six participants.
$1,320 (for the year)
Fee must be paid in full before the start of the course
Thursday evenings 7 – 9 pm
Term 1 : Feb 11 - Mar 31
Term 2 :May 12 - June 30
Term 3 : Aug 4 - Sep 22
Term 4 : Oct 20 - Dec 8
May 8 / Jul 31 / Dec 10 and 11
For more information please visit: